And one of the most common causes of neck pain. An excessively prolonged muscle tension, even contratturale of cervical muscles causes inflammation of the muscle tissue itself myositis), a condition in itself very painful.
Among the most important causes of neck pain miotensiva (miotensiva and headache) include:
- Psycho-emotional stress (from continuous stress due to work, family, socio-economic, etc.)
- Postural stress (prolonged maintenance of an incongruous position)
- Physical trauma, such as the “whiplash”
subcontinuous pain, oppressive, sometimes described as an over-weight on his shoulders frequent radiation at the base of the occipital bone (back and side area of the scalp) until it flows into real headache (type Gravatar, predominantly posterior, but sometimes with radiation in the front seat), less frequent in the interscapular-spinal irradiation.
in most cases, you need a thorough physical examination and medical history (medical specialist visit)
- FKT : functional rehabilitation, interferential current, high voltage current (HVS), laser therapy, massage therapy
- inflammatory analgesics, anxiolytics, antidepressants (according to medical opinion)
- fitness (exercise intensely challenging but not carried out properly: stretching, free exercises, swimming, etc.)
- Relaxation techniques (autogenic training, yoga, etc.)
- Homeopathic medicines and antihomotoxic
ARTROSTICO NECK PAIN
It’s very least, by frequency and intensity of what the medical diagnosis (performed with superficiality or lack of competence) would have you believe, even when the report of a radiological investigation shows the unequivocal presence of osteo-articular alterations.
- Articular more or less restricted (eg reduced freedom of movement in one or more directions)
- Pain when it is forced movement of the head beyond the narrow range allowed
- Feelings and rumors of “burst” is not related to pain in the neck
- X-ray of cervical spine
- Functional Rehabilitation (gymnastics assisted)
- FKT : physical therapy to facilitate the resolution of acute inflammatory phase
- fitness (physical exercises to be performed at home)
STIFF NECK myogenic
It ‘s a deviation of the cervical segment (rotation and / or forced inclination of the cervical spine), whose causes are:
- Viral Infections
- Distraction muscle
- Psychogenic (muscle spasm is an “involuntary and sustained” as a consequence of fighting psycho)
pain and limitation, more or less important, the head movement (functional impairment)
physical examination and medical history information, including radiographic, More read info : Shoulder Pain Symptoms
- analgesics, anti-inflammatory
- A mild thermotherapy (application of heat, in various forms) is relaxing and soothing
- Muscle relaxants, anti-anxiety drugs, according to the doctor’s opinion
Are distortion-subluxation injuries (much more rarely dislocation and / or fracture) of the cervical spine resulting from rapid deceleration and / or accelerations experienced by the cervical spine: for example, from a frontal impact or just plugging in the car.
A position of head rotation at impact determines the characteristics of the lesion and generally increase the severity of the damage.
- Neck pain of varying intensity, sometimes arising even after hours of injury or occasionally with an appreciable increase in pain in the days following
- Many can be symptoms of irritation of the cervical sympathetic nervous system, among which are: disorders of the ear (tinnitus, hearing loss, vertigo or postural instability, etc..) And disorders of the eye (retrobulbar pain, blurred vision, etc.).
signs of irritation of one or more cervical nerve roots:
- Sixth cervical nerve: tingling and / or decreased sensitivity to the forearm and 1 finger (mainly), spontaneous pain in the shoulder and scapular region
- Seventh cervical nerve: tingling and / or decrease the sensitivity of the 2 nd and 3 rd finger, spontaneous pain in the posterior region of the upper arm and scapular
- Eighth cervical nerve: tingling and / or decrease the sensitivity of the 4 th and 5 th finger, spontaneous pain in the scapular region and the inner arm and forearm
- Physical examination (especially neurologic examination)
- Rx routine (possibly with special radiographic projections: oblique, flexion and extension, etc.).
- Electromyography (able to demonstrate a neurological impairment usually after three weeks of injury)
- Magnetic resonance imaging or CT
- Orthopedic immobilization collar (with different characteristics depending on the damage) to be worn as early as possible after the injury and for a period generally not exceeding 7-10 days
- analgesics, anti-inflammatory drugs and muscle relaxants, sedative-anxiolytic drugs sometimes
After a few days after trauma, may be helpful
- FKT that, as required, can include mild forms of heat therapy, current analgesic, laser therapy, massage therapy to touch, cervical traction and physiotherapy functional assisted
SYNDROME SCAPULOHUMERAL COSTAL
Your pain is prevalent in the region between the scapula (usually the upper) and spinal cord.
Relatively common, is due to continued strength of the muscle groups that stabilize the scapula (rhomboids and levator scapulae muscle), inflammation and irritation of these myofascial structures in the vicinity of their insertion at the scapula itself.
It is often caused by a pronounced kyphosis (forward curvature of the column) by:
- Causes and workers (and prolonged awkward postures) and / or excessive fatigue
- Psycho-emotional (“curved attitude” of the subject depressed, prolonged muscle tension in anxious subjects)
pain in the interscapular region-spine (upper or inner edge of the scapula), sometimes described as burning.
is primarily based physical examination and medical history of the subject