Diagnosis of shoulder pain
What is the painful shoulder
It ‘a syndrome that is manifested by rest pain and / or motion, functional limitation and pain radiation to the 3rd middle of the arm.
The orthopedic literature identifies four main reasons:
1. Periarthritis of the shoulder (with or without calcifications)
2. Tendon injuries of the rotator cuff
3. Impingement syndrome.
4. Degenerative arthropathy
Today, in most cases you can solve these conditions by a combination of “clutch alignment (passive joint movement, changes in hemodynamic pressures and periarticular selective and progressive).
This is painless maneuvers (performed by orthopedic specialist and physiatrist) acting on the cause of the disease, then no need of rehabilitation or another, fix the problem, end the pain and the shoulder to resume his normal motility.
Treatment of shoulder pain
The painful shoulder is the first indication in drugs (NSAIDs). Often cortisone injections are performed (maximum three), sometimes successfully. In most cases it is also prescribed physical therapy treatment (ultrasound, iontophoresis, laser, shockwave, etc.).. Many cases are resolved, many others do not.
Patients who do not respond to these therapies is given the indication for surgery (orthopedic proposal).
Today, for these cases, another option is possible thanks to a technique of “alignment stepped” pressure and progressive movements that restore shoulder movement and metabolism.
In most cases, prevents the operation (only 10 made on 432)
The ‘stepped alignment “is shown in the following conditions:
- “Calcific periarthritis” (instead of arthroscopic surgery)
- “Supraspinatus tendon calcification”
- “Impingement syndrome”
- “Tendon injuries of the rotator cuff”
- “Lesion of the supraspinatus” + “conflict”
- “Degenerative joint disease of the shoulder (rather arthroplasty)
The alignment clutch is not useful in mild arthralgias of the shoulder and cervicobrachialgia.
- E ‘painless.
- Competence: is performed by the Medical Specialist in Orthopaedics and Physical Medicine, with experience in operating room
- Duration: Each session lasts 10 to 15 minutes,
- Frequency: run every other day
- Number of seats: No 6 sessions in total.
Only in the “adhesive capsulitis” treatment can be moderately painful for the recovery of joint mobility and often requires some additional seat
- The benefit is immediately (after the first session) but short-lived
- Real and lasting improvement after the 4 th session
- Healing (usually) after the 6th session or after 30 days of treatment